Monday, May 24, 2010

Honey Oat Wheat Bread

If you like making homemade bread like I do, here's a new recipe for you!  I am constantly experimenting to figure out yummy, healthy combos.  And this one is a such show stopper!  :)  Perfect balance of healthy things and everything.  So give it a try and let me know what you think! :)  I'm going to be sending this loaf to work with my hubs for lunches this week.  So I will let you know what he thinks too!  :)


Honey Oat Wheat Bread:

1/2 c. warm water
1/2 c. warm milk
1 pkg. yeast
3 T. honey
1/2 t. salt
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. all purpose flour
1 c. quick oats

1. In large bowl dissolve yeast in the warm water and warm milk.
2. Add honey, salt and dash of oil. Stir.
3. Stir in wholw wheat flour.
4. Mix in all purpose flour.
5. Start kneading dough and instead of on floured surface, use oats on the surface. (Quick Oats.) Knead until the 1 c. of oats are combined.
6. Let rise in warm place for about 30 minutes.
7. Punch down and place into the desired pan for baking.
8. Let rise again for about 30 minutes.
9. Then bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. You may also egg wash the top so it turns nice and golden brown.  I just decided to put some more oats on top to show off the oaty flava!   :)

2 comments:

  1. [...] always nice right?!?)  Then I decided to make some bread for the weekend tonight.  So I used my Honey Wheat Oat Bread recipe and it also turned out well.  (Again, love it when things go well in the kitchen!)  So, [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] always nice right?!?)  Then I decided to make some bread for the weekend tonight.  So I used my Honey Wheat Oat Bread recipe and it also turned out well.  (Again, love it when things go well in the kitchen!)  So, [...]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...