Friday, April 2, 2010

Wheat Sourdough Rolls

I still have my sourdough starter in the fridge and wanted to make some rolls for sandwiches this weekend. So I started out using the basic sourdough recipe from Better Homes and Gardens, then added my own ingredients to it. They really turned out well with a sweet sourdough/wheat taste that was moist and perfect for a turkey sandwich!

Here's my recipe and a pic of them baking in the oven!


1/2 c. Sourdough Starter
3 c. flour (I used 2 c. all purpose and 1 c. whole wheat)
1 pkg. Active Dry Yeast
1/2 c. Water
1/2 c. Fat-free Cottage Cheese
1.5 Tbsp. Sugar
1.5 Tbsp. Butter/Margarine
1 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda

1. I mixed, kneaded and had the dough rise in my bread machine. If you don't have a bread machine you can do this all according to the directions on link above.
2. After it has doubled in size, shape into rolls. I wanted some different sizes of rolls for my family. (As you can see in the pic.) This makes 8 good sized rolls, and obviously more smaller rolls.
3. Put rolls on baking sheet and preheat oven to 375degrees. Cut the tops of the rolls, if desired.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until they are golden brown.

Enjoy! I think you'll love these! We sure did! I am going to make more today! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...