Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Focaccia Bread

Who out there likes Focaccia bread? I know I do and my mom does too. So, as per her request I am on a bit of a quest to make the perfect Focaccia bread. I also want it to be easy and cost effective. So, this is my first attempt and I already enjoyed the results. So, I will try another twist in my recipe next week. :)

I started with my pizza dough, and then added a little less flour. So here's the ingredients for my first foccacia bread:

1 package active dry yeast
3/4 c. warm water
1-3/4 c. All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Sugar
Olive Oil to brush on top
Herbs for top
Optional Parmesan cheese for top

1. In a medium bowl combine the warm water and yeast.
2. Add flour, olive oil, salt and sugar to the yeast mixture.
3. Let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
4. Take out the fluffy dough and spread onto a baking sheet. (Spread to your desired thickness.)
5. With a fork poke holes in the dough so bubbles don't form during baking.
6. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle herbs and cheese. (I used 1/2 t. Thyme and 2 T. Parmesan Cheese.)
7. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
This is how mine turned out:


It didn't turn out too bad for the first try.  :)  It tasted really yummy too, which is always my favorite part!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...